Disclaimer: All images are credited and attributed at the end of this post. As well, any quotations or in depth research is best cited according to the MLA (7th) style. Finally, this post is not to intended to harm anyone and is just to educate people about my educational or personal life.If you have any more concerns/questions, please use the contact page !!!
Out of all my lectures in the social media class so far, I have found week 3`s topic of the content ecosystem to really interesting. Thus, I have decided to write this week’s blog post on the lecture, itself.
In this lecture, we talked about how social and digital media interact, along with how content is created and disseminated online. I found these concepts to be interesting because, they relate to the everyday world of how online campaigns, websites, online businesses and nonsocial media website/platforms interact to have a relationship with their integrated social media platforms. As well, it was very thought-provoking to learn how digital media and social media are both deeply interconnected and make life more interactive because they both symbiotically rely on each other. Otherwise, the content ecosystem could fall apart.
Finally, just shortly before the break, we also explored the idea of how social media has changed the way things used to be marketed, as nowadays a lot of companies use dialogue marketing through different social media and digital channels.
Then, we took a short break, where I decided to munch on some snacks and research more about these new concepts of digital and social communication/marketing. Thus, I found some intriguing research online, that is compiled in a list down below. Tbh, I would recommend readings recorded down below, for a deeper understanding of the concepts I am mentioning in this post.
The Research List Includes:
After our short break, we discussed the captivating implications of the quick dissemination (spread) of information in the social/digital world, because of how everything is incredibly interconnected and cyclic in this new digital age. Personally, I believe that dissemination in this new digital world can have both positive and adverse impacts depending on the situation. For example, raising awareness through the social media landscape about human’s rights issues, like raising awareness of less access to education for females in certain countries, that could then interest people into getting social active and making sure that everyone has access. Thus, the social ecosystem could bring benefits. However, the ecosystem in the landscape could also negatively lead to more stereotyping and bigotry against these individual countries. Finally, to finish up the lecture, we did an exciting activity where we had to create a social/digital campaign on the District 9 Advance campaign. It was a great learning experience and gave us more practical knowledge on how the content ecosystem of digital and social communication/marketing could be interconnected to create interactive campaigns.
Image Credits and Attributions:
- Social Media Marketing Hub and Spoke Infographic, was added by Flickr user,DigitalRalph in 2011. The Image is licensed under CC BY 2.0.
- Social Media Marketing, was added by http://www.bigoakinc.com/big-oak-photos/ under the Flickr username, BigOakFlickr in 2016 . The Image is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.
- Social Media Mix 3D Icons – Mix #2, is added by poweredbysearch.com under the Flickr username, Blogtrepreneur in 2016. The Image is licensed under CC BY 2.0.
- “Dialogue Marketing”.Farlex Financial Dictionary. 2009. 1 Mar. 2017.Web.< http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Dialogue+Marketing>.
- Merchant, Nilofer. “What We Talk About When We Talk About “Social””. Harvard Business Review.2013. Web. 1 Mar. 2017 . <https://hbr.org/2013/02/what-we-talk-about-when-we-tal>.